Thank you all who attended the SIRF IMRt Masterclass - Asset Management - Measures that support business objectives and attract investment in Maintenance and Reliability event last week.
Our thanks to Ian Gordon of Flagstaff for his presentation.
There was a lot of discussion and questions and networking via breakout rooms.
We had 22 people from 15 companies across Australia and New Zealand.
People came with the following AIMS:
- Interested to hear of how other companies are building asset management programs and ability to share CSL journey.
- Learn about the best practices in asset management
- Learn best practices on how to measure asset management and reliability of equipment
- To know about Industry practice in terms of Asset Management
- Better understanding of other company's asset management journey.
- Still new to the reliability/maintenance space so just wanting to get as much information from others who are experienced
- Ways to support business for reliability.
- See what other industries are doing for asset management programs
- Looking to get some guidance / develop a business case to get buy-in from the senior leadership team in terms of investing / implementing in asset management programs for the asset.
- Looking to identify alternative pathways for asset & reliability management.
- I am conceptualizing asset management for our upcoming refinery and would like to learn a few tips to support that journey.
- Looking to find out more about other business practices with regard to Asset management and Maintenance
And left with the following TAKE AWAYS:
- Hi Ian, a great presentation. If you were to set up a new asset management system what would be your key themes?
- It's a great topic that always requires cleansing and reminding. How do you all continue to motivate operators / maintainers to input correct valuable feedback on a WO?
- Great topic and presentation
- Thank you very much everyone for a thoughtful discussion and a great presentation.
- key takeaway - Implement PM health measures (PM effectiveness)
- Review OEE as we have designed.
- Good to hear strategies used by other companies and where they are looking to improve.
- Good methodology to quantitatively assess non-direct contributors (managements input /decision) to asset improvement and management effectiveness.
- Criteria to justify maintenance and associated costs
- Using visual reports to communicate outcomes from people's participation in preceding data capture / investigations to support future engagement.
- A different way of framing losses and determining OEE
If you want a copy of the presentations share contact your SIRF manager